As far as I can tell, these are the top ten reasons to go see the jukebox musical Mama Mia, by ABBA co-founders Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, next week at Playhouse Square:
10. The song, “Mama Mia.”
9. “Knowing Me, Knowing You”
8. You’ve got someone you want to Take a Chance with, and that person —who is probably a girl—wants to go.
7. The song, “Take A Chance”
5. “I do, I do, I do, I do, I do”
4. See that girl. Watch that scene. Dig it.
3. You missed it the last time it came through Cleveland
2. You’ll understand your sister a little bit better
1. Because Cleveland Scene hooked you up with free tickets
Be the first to send me your reason for going, and I’ll send you a free pair for the opening performance at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Palace Theatre.
You can pick them up that day at the Will Call ticket window. You’ll need a picture I.D.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleveland Scene works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Cleveland and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Cleveland's true free press free.