As far as I can tell, these are the top ten reasons to go see the jukebox musical Mama Mia, by ABBA co-founders Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, next week at Playhouse Square:
10. The song, “Mama Mia.”
9. “Knowing Me, Knowing You”
8. You’ve got someone you want to Take a Chance with, and that person —who is probably a girl—wants to go.
7. The song, “Take A Chance”
5. “I do, I do, I do, I do, I do”
4. See that girl. Watch that scene. Dig it.
3. You missed it the last time it came through Cleveland
2. You’ll understand your sister a little bit better
1. Because Cleveland Scene hooked you up with free tickets
Be the first to send me your reason for going, and I’ll send you a free pair for the opening performance at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Palace Theatre.
You can pick them up that day at the Will Call ticket window. You’ll need a picture I.D.