All this talk about the Swine Flu got me thinking about things that really make me sick — like many tracks on iTunes' Top Songs list. Here are five songs in the Top 20 that make me wanna hurl.
1. 3OH!3 — "Don't Trust Me": Goofy, self-referential white guys with synthesizers suck. Goofy, self-referential white guys with synthesizers who act like preening frat boys suck even more.
2. Pitbull — "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)": After this Miami DJ's record label folded last year, we thought we heard the last of his tedious beats and rhymes. We were wrong.
3. Shinedown — "Second Chance": We get these Florida hard-rockers confused with about a dozen other generic hard-rockers. This horrible ballad doesn't help things.
4. Jamie Foxx — "Blame It": Leave it to funnyman-turned-singer-turned-serious-actor Foxx to jump on the Auto-Tune bandwagon this late in the game. T-Pain was much better on the genuinely funny "I'm on a Boat."
5. Asher Roth — "I Love College": Goofy, self-referential rhymin' white guys suck. Goofy, self-referential rhymin' white guys who sound like a suburban Eminem suck even more. —Michael Gallucci