1. Townes Van Zandt, Live at the Old Quarter. "No one writes lyrics like this. It's as beautiful and lonesome as a deserted island."
2. The Equals, First Among Equals. "I'd need some good party music. I was going to go with a Prince record, but you don't want to be preoccupied with sex while you're alone on an island."
3. Doug McKean, Heels Up. "This is not a plug, it's just that all my friends played on it, and I could listen to it and it would remind me of them."
4. Robyn Hitchcock, Fegmania! "Catchy as can be, and the surreal lyrics would delay the onset of insanity for a while."
5. Elvis Costello, Blood & Chocolate. "Once insanity set in, I'd split my time between imagining old girlfriends and listening to 'I Want You' over and over, and making Napoleon Dynamite jokes to myself."