1. David Bowie, Diamond Dogs. "Diamond Dogs was my favorite record when I was a three-year-old child, and it continues to be to this day. The opening line to the title track is 'This ain't rock and roll . . . This is genocide!' Enough said."
2. Black Flag, My War. "Black Flag broke the rules of punk with this release. On the second side of this record are three of the most torturous and influential songs ever recorded."
3. Neurosis, A Sun That Never Sets. "Brutal and beautiful. No one does it better than Neurosis."
4. The Rolling Stones, Their Satanic Majesties Request. "Forget about 'Honky Tonk Women,' 'Start Me Up,' and their other played-out hits. Nothing tops this LSD-soaked recording in the entire Stones catalog."
5. Spiritualized, Pure Phase. "Are you depressed? Stressed out? One listen to Pure Phase and you'll be flushing your meds down the toilet."