When Cattle Decapitation called its third album To Serve Man, it wasn't joking. Here's guitarist Josh Elmore's recipe for delicious pumpkin curry.
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 onion, sliced
· 4 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 2 teaspoons ground coriander
· 1 fresh green chili, finely chopped
· 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
· 1 cup hot water
· 1 pumpkin (1-1/2 pounds) cut into 2-inch cubes
· 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
· Salt and pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
Add cumin, chili, and coriander; sauté for one more minute.
Add coconut milk, pumpkin, and water, then bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender.
Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with rice.