A week after C-Notes posted a list of good mourning songs
, BBC News reported the results of a survey
carried out by the Bereavement Register
The results? 1) Half of all Brits know what song they want to hear at their funeral, and 2) most of them have awful taste. (See also: the Spice Girls
, and blood sausage
According to the report, the top 10 funeral requests are:
1. James Blunt, "Goodbye My Lover"
2. Robbie Williams, "Angels"
3. Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley, "I've Had the Time of My Life"
4. Bette Midler, "Wind Beneath My Wings"
5. Requiem, "Pie Jesu"
6. Elton John, "Candle in the Wind"
7. U2, "With or Without You"
8. Eric Clapton, "Tears in Heaven"
9. The Police, "Every Breath You Take "
10. Righteous Brothers, "Unchained Melody"
We stand by our list, and note that James Blunt
, in our experience, actually sucks the life force out of you. Don't have him played at your funeral unless you want one last jab at your jerk in-laws from beyond the grave. -- D.X. Ferris