Top 5 reasons you should buy the new My Morning Jacket
album, Evil Urges
, which comes out today.
5. The album is loaded with so many different sounds – space-funk, indie-pop, twang, R&B, southern rock – it’s like six CDs for the price of one.
4. There’s a song about a sexy librarian (aren’t they all?), which may or may not be a joke. Either way, it’s pretty funny.
3. For a group of super-hairy Kentuckians, these guys sure make some hooky songs.
2. The epic title tune starts off like a Prince-ly bedroom come-on, with frontman Jim James working his falsetto overtime. Halfway through, a freak-out guitar jam is transported from another dimension.
1. It’s the best album of the year. --Michael Gallucci
“Evil Urges” by My Morning Jacket: