Meth Lab in Nursing Home Causes Fire

by

1 comment

meth-lab-nursing-home.jpg

Florida, you will have to step your game up today.

Reports this morning from Ashtabula say a fatal fire at the Parkhaven Nursing Home was caused by a clandestine meth lab located in a room on the second floor of the facility. Yes, you read that right: a meth lab in a nursing home.

Parkhaven's new slogan: We offer an at-home feel for your loved ones, bingo, endless supplies of juice and applesauce, shuffleboard, and meth.

One man, 31-year-old Shaun Warrens, has died from injuries sustained in the fire. Four others were taken to the Ashtabula County Medical Center.

Details are unavailable so far as to Warrens' involvement in the blaze or meth lab. Here's to a swift and healthy recovery to the others.

(Via Cleveland.com)

We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.

Email us at news@clevescene.com.

Cleveland Scene works for you, and your support is essential.

Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Cleveland and beyond.

Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.

Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Cleveland's true free press free.