A Scene weekly feature ranking local newsmakers.
1. Mark Johnson . . . But the WKYC's weatherman's on-air wig-out about the Heat championship pretty much hit the nail on the head.
2. LeBron James Local boy did make good . . .
3. U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur In an election, when your opponent starts megaphoning lines about gun control causing the Holocaust, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy.
4. “Reese's Cup Bandit” A sweet tooth and a handsy approach to aisle shopping was enough to make this at-large criminal a national news story.
5. Trent Richardson The rookie running back faced off with Jim Brown in a war of words, but handled himself with aplomb. Usually, a Brown beef ends with a secret police report and bag of money.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.