A Scene weekly feature ranking local newsmakers.
1. Mark Johnson . . . But the WKYC's weatherman's on-air wig-out about the Heat championship pretty much hit the nail on the head.
2. LeBron James Local boy did make good . . .
3. U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur In an election, when your opponent starts megaphoning lines about gun control causing the Holocaust, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy.
4. “Reese's Cup Bandit” A sweet tooth and a handsy approach to aisle shopping was enough to make this at-large criminal a national news story.
5. Trent Richardson The rookie running back faced off with Jim Brown in a war of words, but handled himself with aplomb. Usually, a Brown beef ends with a secret police report and bag of money.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Cleveland and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Cleveland's true free press free.