A Scene weekly feature ranking local newsmakers.
1. Bill Mason Even though he'll soon be riding off into the sunset, the prosecutor isn't shying from fights, most recently with Judge Nancy Russo and Sunny Simon.
2. John Betts An Ohio man lost his son in a bus accident, but spun activism out of tragedy, pushing for national safety regulations. Congress passed the bill last week.
3. Mansfield Frazier Local writer offers “Kardashian Effect”: warring races should boink, produce post-racial tan babies. We agree. And we've always disliked Brazilians.
4. Kyrie Irving A viral 10 second GIF shows the Cavs star schooling Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant at Team USA practice again, and again, and again . .
5. Jane Scott A posthumous statute of the longtime rock critic was unveiled at the Rock Hall. Last time she was around this many dead people, it was the PD newsroom.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Cleveland and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Cleveland's true free press free.