I am hopeful that someone will beat this challenge before I go for a rematch in the spring. If you think you’re up for it, check out the rules posted below. And good luck. Winners will get their name on a plaque, a trophy to take home, and bragging rights good for any time of the year.
Win or lose, challengers will not be reimbursed for the price of the sundae.
• The entire sundae, including the two side toppings and pretzel, must be consumed by one person in 30 minutes or less.
• Ice cream flavor substitutions can be made, but there must be at least five different ice cream flavors, and no more than three scoops of vanilla.
• Whipped cream is not permitted as a choice of side toppings.
• The sundae must be eaten in the main room, in full view of Sweet Moses employees.
• The sundae will be considered completely consumed only when the content of the bowl is lower than the edge of the spoon.
• Once the clock begins, timing is continuous. Breaks of any type will not stop the clock.
• If someone other than the challenge participant consumes any part of the sundae, the participant will be disqualified from the challenge.
• Please be courteous to the guests around you. Excessive belching, groaning, and gagging noises or other offensive behavior will lead to disqualification.
• Completing the challenge entitles the winner to a trophy and his/her name engraved on the shop’s plaque.
• Disqualifications will be at the sole discretion of the Sweet Moses manager on duty. In the event of disqualification, no refunds will be issued.