2. Bay Village: It's illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road.
3. Cleveland: It's illegal for women to wear patent leather shoes, lest men see reflections of their underwear.
4. Columbus: It's illegal for stores to sell Corn Flakes on Sunday.
5. North Canton: It's illegal to roller skate without notifying the police.
6. Ohio: It is illegal to get a fish drunk. (Our friends in Perry are much more rambunctious than we thought!)
7. Fairview Park: It's illegal to honk your horn "excessively."
8. Strongsville: Catch-22 is banned.
9. Toledo: It's illegal to throw a snake at anybody.
10. Ohio: It's illegal to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
11. Paulding: A policeman may bite a dog to quiet him.
12: Cincinnati: It's illegal to have anal sex.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.