This happened last week by the way, but it's getting reported all over the place now. (Probably because it's only now clear that he was mutilating his genitals with his bare motherloving hands.)
“In terms of vital signs, they were as low as they could go without being dead — I could only assume due to the blood loss and the shock and trauma to the body,” Sgt. Geoff Fox told the Detroit Free Press on scene.
The 41-year-old is now in stable condition — and don't ask us how. His name has not been released.
Here's some science background, from our friends at the Huffington Post:
Psilocybin is a chemical obtained from certain fresh or dried mushrooms that can cause significant bodily side effects when ingested, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. Most noteworthy are the chemical's possible effects on the mind. Some people may experience hallucinations, panic, psychosis and the inability to discern fantasy from reality.
Don't do drugs, kids.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.