by Eric Sandy
- prohibit carrying a concealed deadly weapon or handgun, unless the person is a police officer or a person who holds a license to carry a concealed weapon.
- require a person who sells or transfers a gun – and who is not a licensed gun dealer – to report such transactions to police.
- require an owner to report a lost or stolen gun to police.
- create a gun offender registry, requiring individuals convicted of a gun offense to register their names with Cleveland’s Safety Director.
- prohibit the display, marking or sale of a facsimile firearm and prohibits brandishing a facsimile firearm in the presence of law enforcement or with the intent to frighten people.
- prohibit the negligent transfer of a firearm to a felon or intoxicated person.
- set restrictions for firearms in the hands of minors and restricts discharging firearms in public areas, including schools, churches, cemeteries, playgrounds and parks.
- require owners to safely store firearms to keep them from being stolen or out of the hands of children.