- Plan ahead. If you have questions, call 216-621-9500. Automated service is available 24/7.
- Leave early. Expect large crowds. Allow plenty of time to get downtown.
- Ride the Rapid. Trains will leave frequently throughout the heavy demand periods. Free parking is available at many Rapid Stations. Obey all signs — cars parked illegally may be ticketed and towed.
- Ride the HealthLine. The service operates 24/7, from East Cleveland to Public Square.
- Bring exact change. RTA employees will sell All-Day Passes for $5 at many rail stations. Have a $5 bill ready to make your purchase. Keep the card in a flat, secure place — you will have to show it on your trip home.
- Follow directions. RTA staff will work to provide you with a safe, enjoyable trip.
- Looking for parking? RTA will update traffic reporters on the status of Rapid Station parking lots. Follow RTA on Twitter (link is external), Facebook (link is external) and through Commuter Alerts (link is external).
- For safety, travel in pairs. Be aware of your surroundings.
- Pack lightly — buses and trains will be crowded. Whatever you carry must be held in your lap.
- Cleveland Police ask that you not bring backpacks, so if possible, leave yours at home.
- Protect your mobile devices. Leave your laptops and iPads at home. Keep your cell phone secure.
- Bicyclists be aware — when trains are crowded, you will not be allowed to board.
- Trolley service is free. Look for green vehicles and the unique signs at bus stops. Tell the operator your destination. Trolleys will be routed around the parade, and may be slower because of the crowds. If your celebration continues after the parade, trolleys can help you get around downtown.
- Public Square is under construction. It is off-limits to pedestrians. Please obey all signs and traffic signals.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at [email protected].
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.