Areas of Excellence (at or better than target goal):...and where we need a bit of work:
• More farmers’ markets per capita
• Higher percent bicycling or walking to work
• Higher Walk Score®
• Higher percent of population within a 10 minute walk to a park
• More ball diamonds per capita
• More park playgrounds per capita
• More recreation centers per capita
• More swimming pools per capita
• More tennis courts per capita
• Higher park-related expenditures per capita
• Higher level of state requirement for Physical Education classes
Improvement Priority Areas (worse than 20% of target goal):Eat your veggies people!
• Lower percent meeting both CDC aerobic and strength activity guidelines
• Lower percent consuming 3+ vegetables per day
• Higher percent currently smoking
• Higher percent obese
• Higher percent with asthma
• Higher percent with angina or coronary heart disease
• Higher percent with diabetes
• Higher death rate for diabetes
• Lower percent of city land area as parkland
• Fewer acres of parkland per capita
• Lower percent using public transportation to work
• Fewer dog parks per capita
• Fewer park units per capita
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of Cleveland and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep Cleveland's true free press free.