Cleveland just keeps on winning!
Melt Bar & Grilled's "Parmageddon" sandwich was up against ballpark foods from all around the nation in USA Today, and today they were crowned champion:
Campo's Philly Cheesesteak from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia came in second. Take a look at the final tally:
- Parmageddon - Progressive Field - Cleveland
- Campo's Philly Cheesesteak - Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia
- Ceviche - Marlins Park - Miami
- Crazy Crab'z Sandwich - AT&T Park - San Francisco
- Mahi Mahi Tacos - Petco Park - San Diego
- Buffalo Cauliflower Poutine - Rogers Centre - Toronto
- Burnt End Basket - Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City
- Brisket Mac & Cheese Balls - Globe Life Park - Arlington, Texas
- Bisbee Tamale - Chase Field - Phoenix
- Sweet Potato Waffle Chicken Sandwich - Minute Maid Park - Houston
(Hat Tip USA Today
Cleveland has a righteous lineup of ballpark food at its disposal when it catches Tribe games. The two-year expansion of dining options by the Tribe brought you Cleveland Pickle and Ohio City Burrito and Fat Heads and more. Included in the push for local food was Melt, that bastion of grilled cheese that has had Northeast Ohioans lining up for cheese comas for ten years now.
And now Melt and Progressive Field are getting some national consideration: they're up for USA Today's Best Ballpark Food category with the Parmageddon. Here's their description of the sandwich:
Melt Bar and Grilled brings their innovative twists on the classic grilled cheese sandwich to hungry fans at Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians. The Parmageddon is a grilled cheese made with sharp cheddar and stuffed with a potato and onion pirogi, sauteed onions and Napa vodka kraut.
There's less than two weeks left to vote and the Parmageddon is in first place so far. Vote daily to make sure it stays on top