ERIC SANDY / SCENE
Oct. 25, 2016. What'd I tell ya?
A quick reminder on the eve of a really wonderful and historic day in Cleveland history: Don't try to park downtown.
That's sort of the bottom line. Take the Rapid into the city. Or the bus. Or whatever. But don't try to park here.
Most streets around the Gateway area will see a parking ban in effect beginning at noon on Tuesday. (Same thing for Wednesday.) Those streets include:
- Prospect Avenue from Ontario Street to East 14th Street
- Huron Road from Ontario Street to Prospect Avenue
- Bolivar Road from East 9th Street to East 14th Street
- Carnegie Avenue from East 9th Street to East 14th Street
- East 9th Street from Superior Avenue to Carnegie Avenue
- East 4th Street from Huron Road to Prospect Avenue
Beyond that, the Gateway East parking garage will be open only to Indians and Cavs game-day pass holders. By all means, if that's you, then feel free to go that route. Otherwise, don't try to park downtown.
Parking lots and garages elsewhere in the downtown area will surely cost an arm and a leg or two, so take heed — and Go Tribe
Tipoff is at 7:30. First pitch is at 8:08. Before all of that, a free public event will take place outside the Q (between Huron and Prospect), featuring Wiz Khalifa. The fun and festivities begin at 3 p.m.