The Cleveland Indians are looking to make history this afternoon, again, as the team goes for its 21st-straight victory, which would be an American League record. They've notched some mind-blowing statistics during the streak. Here are 20 of them.
1. The Indians have played 180 innings during their 20-game winning streak. They have trailed in only four of those 180 innings. @PedroGomez
2. Indians record in their last 20 games: 20-0.
Browns record in their last 86 games: 20-66. @DevanFink
3. The Indians have seven shutouts on their win streak. That's as many or more than 18 MLB teams have this entire season. @D_Cunningham15
4. The Indians have won four games by double digits during their streak. Before the streak started, they had won only two games by double digits all season. SI.com
5. Three of the team's most recognizable players - Andrew Miller, Jason Kipnis and Michael Brantley - have been on the disabled list for the entirety of the streak. SI.com
6. This one goes back a little before the streak, but the Indians have three of the top four MLB pitchers in strikeouts since August 1st: Corey Kluber 74; Chris Sale 67; Carlos Carrasco 66; Trevor Bauer 60. @JCrasnick
7. During the streak, the Indians have hit more home runs (40) than runs given up (32). @StorminJNorman6
8. The Indians are the 5th team in the modern era (since 1900) with a +100 run differential over any 20-game span. @ESPNStatsInfo
9. The Indians are the 1st team to win 18 or more straight games the season after losing the World Series. @ESPNStatsInfo
10. Records the morning of August 25:
Los Angeles Dodgers: 91-36
Cleveland Indians: 72-56
The Indians have closed 15 1/2 games in 17 days. They've gone from 19.5 games back of the Dodgers, to four games back, in just three weeks. @Buster_ESPN
11. The Yankees, Rockies, Cubs, Nationals, and Astros will all likely make the playoffs, and none of them have more than 7 shutouts this year. @D_Cunningham15
12. Today, the Indians are going for their second sweep in which they've shut out the opponent for the entirety of a three-game series. They swept the Kansas City Royals by a total of 20-0 over a three-game series from August 25th through August 27th.
13. During the winning streak the Indians are 9-0 vs KC and Detroit. They've outscored them 62-5. @D_Cunningham15
14. The Indians have outscored opponents by 102 runs over the 20 games. 24 teams don't even have 100 total runs in same span. @MLBastian
15. The Indians now lead the American League by 1.5 games over the Houston Astros. Just one month ago, they were ten games behind the Astros. The Indians have passed the Astros, despite the Astros having a winning record during that time. @JasonLukehart
16. Since 1913 there have been 20 winning streaks of 15+ games. The Indians are the only team to have won their games by an average of 5+ runs.
17. The Indians have won as many consecutive games as the Browns have won in 5 years. @HammerNation19
18. The Indians starting pitchers have gone 18-0 with a 1.71 ERA during the streak. Fan Graphs
19. Of their 19 wins, the Indians have three times as many wins of five runs or more (nine) as they do one-run wins (three). SI.com
20. The Indians have won 20 games in a row. That's only been accomplished three other times in Major League Baseball history.