Simone Biles, Jamie Foxx and former HQ Trivia host Scott Rogowsky are among the celebs participating in a celebrity softball game at Progressive Field Sunday, July 7, in conjunction with MLB All-Star Week.
In a new format, celebs with ties to Cleveland will take on everybody else, hence the "Cleveland vs. the World" branding, as announced yesterday by the Indians.
Former players Jim Thome, Kenny Lofton, Carlos Baerga and Travis Hafner will also participate. So will former Phillies slugger Ryan Howard. Chris Rose and Kevin Millar, co-hosts of MLB Network’s Intentional Talk
, will serve as emcees.
Sides have not been announced, but some of the Cleveland connections are well-known — J.R. Smith, The Miz, Drew Carey, Machine Gun Kelly, Travis Kelce, Dr. Oz.
First pitch is Sunday at 5 p.m. It will be televised on ESPN Monday after the Home Run Derby.
Here's the full list:
- Stephanie Beatriz – Actress, Brooklyn 99
- Simone Biles – Olympic Gold Medalist
- Drew Carey – Comedian
- Priah Ferguson – Actress, Stranger Things
- Jennie Finch – Softball Olympian
- Jamie Foxx – Academy Award-winning actor
- Max Greenfield – Actor, New Girl
- Travis Kelce – KC Chiefs Tight End (Cleveland Heights HS alum)
- Machine Gun Kelly – Musician/Actor
- Allie LaForce – Turner Sports broadcaster
- Jerry Lorenzo - Fashion/Sneaker Designer
- Anthony Mackie – Actor, Avengers
- Stipe Miocic – MMA Fighter
- Mike “The Miz” Mizanin – WWE superstar (Reigning MLB Celebrity Softball MVP)
- Dascha Polanco – Actress, Orange is the New Black
- Dr. Oz – Television Host
- Quincy – Actor, Star
- Scott Rogowsky – Comedian & former host of HQ Trivia
- J.R. Smith – Cleveland Cavalier
- Colton Underwood – Former NFLer & TV Personality
- Daddy Yankee – Reggaeton recording artist